I suffer from dry skin year round—but it’s especially bad during the winter season. That dry Los Angeles air mixed with the outdated radiator heat my apartment has makes my skin tight and uncomfortable. Over the years, I’ve had to experiment with many different products to combat my dry skin concerns during this time of year, and I have of course found some skincare saviors including Corsx (their snail mucin essence is a game changer in the winter), Vitabrid C12 (their dual drop serum is moisturizing and effective), and now there is a newcomer called Kimtrue—their cleansing oil is so luxurious!
Not only do I have to combat dry skin, I also like to wear makeup—and those two don’t mix well. On my lazy winter days, I just wash, apply essence, apply my active, and then I finish off my face with a heavy-duty oil of some sort. But on my makeup days? It once felt like a losing battle—but I have found the perfect anti-aging skin routine for dry, winter skin that works perfectly with makeup.
On the days I know I’m going to wear makeup, I’ve been starting my day off with the Kimtrue Refreshing Cleansing Oil. It has been a dash of luxury each morning for weeks now. It smells heavenly and it doesn’t dry out my skin like most cleansers do. I then apply my Snail Mucin 96% Power Repairing Essence from Corsx and let it settle in. On my very dry days, I’ll use the Green Tea Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Toner from innisfree before the essence. Once my skin absorbs the product(s), I apply the Vitabrid C12 Dual Drop Serum—it does wonders for the fine lines around the mouth. I then apply my favorite sunscreen and prime my skin with the Futuredew serum from Glossier to get my skin ready for makeup.
- Cleanse with the Refreshing Cleansing Oil from Kimtrue (pat dry)
- Pat in the Snail Mucin 96% Power Repairing Essence from Corsx (wait for your skin to absorb the product)
- Apply the Dual Drop Serum from Vitabrid C12 to address common aging concerns
- Apply sunscreen—I love the Self Reflect Probiotic Moisturizing Sunscreen from Kinship
- Prep your skin for makeup with Futuredew from Glossier
I love putting my makeup on, but I usually hate taking it off—but not with Kimtrue! As mentioned before, the Refreshing Cleansing Oil feels so decadent and luxurious on my skin, that taking off my makeup has become an enjoyable part of my end-of-day ritual. The cleansing oil takes off everything—even the pesky mascara residue. To ensure my skin is very clean and prepped for my evening skincare routine, I’ve been following the cleansing oil with the Amino Acid Gentle Facial Cleanser from Kimtrue—it smells like geraniums and it’s just as luxurious as the oil. Plus, a little goes a long way and it gets ultra foamy.
After making sure all my makeup is off, I apply the essence followed by the Wrinkle Cream from Vitabrid C12.
- Cleanse with the Refreshing Cleansing OIl from Kimtrue (pat dry)
- Cleans with with Amino Acid Gentle Facial Cleanser from Kimtrue (to get off any leftover makeup residue)
- Apply the snail mucin essence from Corsx
- Apply the Wrinkle Cream from Vitabrid C12 to face, neck, and chest
- If my eye area is feeling extra dry, I use the eye cream from Yes to Cucumbers
Shop My Makeup-Friendly Dry Skin Routine
What are your favorite makeup friendly skincare products for when your skin is feeling dry? Let me know in the comments below!
xoxo, Amanda Raye
*I teamed up with Kimtrue for this post, but as always, opinions are my own.