You get to your hotel and are ready for a stress-free vacation. You look down at your phone and your battery is low but oh no you forgot your charger! Did you know phone chargers are one of the most common items to leave behind?
Don’t be left stressed worrying about having to buy another item on your trip. If you’re not sure what to bring on your vacation, we will go over the essentials!
Here are some essential items you need for your beach vacation:
- Bathing suit
- Beach coverup
- Good book
- These great sandals
- Tank tops
- Cell charger
- Water shoes
- Beach towels
- Beach umbrella
Call ahead and find out if your accommodations provide beach towels and/or umbrellas. If they do, you don’t have to worry about bringing your own and can save some space. You’ll also want bring some clothes for layering; it’s very common for coastal areas to get chilly at night.
If you forget a toiletry or two, you might not think much of it since you know there will be stores nearby to purchase what you forgot. However, costs are usually higher in touristy areas. Here are some toiletries you won’t want to forget:
- Hairstyling products
- Hairstyling tools
- Contact lenses/solution
- Shaving supplies
- Makeup/makeup remover
- Feminine hygiene products
- Medicine (antacids, ibuprofen, and your prescriptions)
- Hand sanitizer
- Travel first aid kit
- Lip balm with SPF
- Insect repellant
- Disposable wipes
- Aloe vera
- Baby powder (rub it on your skin as you leave the beach to remove the excess sand on your body)
Beach Essentials for the Kids
- Toys for in the sand
When you’re traveling whether to one of the best beaches in the US or elsewhere, travel health is extremely important! Don’t forget any prescription medications or other essentials for optimal health. You definitely don’t want to get sick on your vacation!
Make sure to use hand sanitizer and wash your hands to keep germs at bay. If you’re traveling internationally and have your eye on tropical vacations, make sure you check the CDC’s website for any necessary medications or vaccines.
Don’t forget any allergy medication or special allergies for overseas, contacts, and glasses!
Here are some other travel essentials:
- Water bottle
- Insurance cards(travel and medical)
- Emergency contacts
- Chargers and cell phone
- Copies of passports and credit cards
- Camera with a memory card
- Travel blanket and pillow
- Reusable bags/small dry bag
Beach Vacations Tips + Suggestions
- When you’re wondering what to pack for a tropical beach vacation, definitely keep your wardrobe light and breezy!
- Don’t just think about getting there, but think about how you’ll bring your wet and sandy items back home. They’re actually items out there you can buy that don’t get sand on them as easily. Research different products out there and decide the best plan of action for getting your items home.
- Always make sure to get the sand off after each beach trip by shaking out your towel and other items. Use the baby powder on your skin to remove any remaining sand on your body. It dries up your skin so the sand has nothing to stick to.
- Hang bathing suits and towels up or wash and dry them so they’re dry for the trip back home!
- As far as beach bags you bring, aim for nylon or mesh bags with a distinct pattern that are easy to spot. Make sure it has pockets that are waterproof, so you can store valuables such as your phone. Also, consider an insulated tote so you can store your drinks and snacks.
- Pack some disposable bags for quick clean up or reusable plastic bags. You can then store foods and drinks along with wet towels and bathing suits.
- If you’re going on a tropical vacation and wear glasses, you might want to invest in a prescription snorkel mask before the trip.
Safety Is Important
- The sun might feel great, but skin cancer is nothing to play around with, so pack your sunscreen.
- For safety and security keep all of the important documents and items in your carry on bag. You should place your photo ID, birth certificates for minors, birth control, insurance cards, credit cards, charger, and boarding passes in your carry on.
- You might want to consider a money belt to keep all of these important items in. If you have a student ID, frequent flyer miles card, map and travel guides, bring those as well. These are all extremely important in case your flight gets delayed or checked bag gets lost.
- Make sure to carry an extra pair of clothes with you for that reason as well. You want to pack a light jacket, earplugs, or an eye mask just in case.
- Make sure your phone is 100% charged before heading to the beach.
You learned all about what to pack on your beach vacation in this guide. Keep track and make a list so you don’t forget anything. As you pack it, cross it off your list. That way you can have be confident your aren’t forgetting anything.
Are you going on a beach vacation this year? Let us know in the comments below!