There’s just so much to do in the summer: block parties, lazy days by the pool, rooftop parties, and outdoor brunch — just to name a few. But the list is endless!
If your schedule is a bit crazy due to all the exciting things you have planned this summer, you might be running out of outfit ideas. That’s why we teamed up with Marlen, the vintage loving blogger behind Messages on a Napkin. Below she styled five awesome outfits for any summer event — from movies in the park, to a local carnival.
Movies in the Park
Many towns and cities play newly released movies on a semi-big screen during the summer. If your town didn’t get the memo, grab a few friends and watch a movie at the park while snacking on yummy treats.
- Floral Tank: $28 via Intertwined Vintage
- Skirt: $23 via Far From Here
- Bag: $60 via New Old Fashion Vintage
- Shoes: $34 via New Old Fashion Vintage
- Necklace: $88 via Sarara Vintage
- Hat: $14.80 via Forever 21
Many restaurants open up their rooftops and outdoor seating during the summer. So take advantage of it while it lasts!
- Dress: $22 via Poetry for Jane
- Denim Vest: $30 via Poetry for Jane
- Bag: $305 via 14x Bags
- Sandals: $20 via Urban Outfitters (similar)
- Hat: $28.58 via ASOS
No matter how old you are, carnivals are always a great place to go for a good time. Skip the rides and indulge in fried food, or do both!
- Blouse: $35 via Little Miss Vintage 3
- Skirt: $42 via Jessamity
- Bag: $22 via Fight for Flight Vintage
- Boots: $42 via Intertwined Vintage
- Necklace: $27.90 via Coccorina
Food Truck Festival
Food trucks are the latest trend in the restaurant industry and we aren’t complaining. In New York City, we have a grilled cheese truck, a fresh pressed juice truck, and even a food truck serving amazing coffee! What does your town or city have?
- Dress: $30 via Bottle Blonde Vintage
- Kimono: $39.95 via H&M
- Hat: $48 via Southwest Vintage
- Boots: $115 via Intertwined Vintage
Going to a block party this summer? If it’s not on your agenda, it must mean there isn’t one going on. That’s a sign you should organize one with your friends and neighbors!
- Blouse: $15 via Things Redeemed
- Shorts: $30.60 via Wayfarer Vintage
- Clutch: $98 via 14x Bags
- Sandals: $129 via Urban Outfitters
- Hat: $58 via Brixton
What are your exciting summer plans? Let us know in the comments below!