Give Your Hair Some TLC with These Deep Conditioners
Posted 1 week ago by Amanda Raye
Do you blow dry, straighten, or curl your hair everyday? If so, your locks may be dry and frizzy. If your hair is chemically treated, your strands may even feel a bit crunchy. Not a good look.
For smooth locks that even Blake Lively and Kim K would be jealous of, turn to these nine affordable deep conditioners. These conditioners can be found at your local drug store, and if used on a regular basis, can reverse damage, moisturize and prevent split ends.
Do you have a favorite deep conditioner? Let us know in the comments below!
Don’t Waste Your Money On Moroccan Oil
Posted 2 years ago by Amanda Raye
If your hair is dry, damaged, curly or just unruly in general, you’ve probably already heard of Moroccan Oil. In fact, you’ve probably used it, loved it, and then got bummed out once you saw the price tag.
Their 3.4 oz bottle of oil goes for a whopping $40. Their sulfate, phosphate and paraben free shampoo and conditioner go for about $20 a bottle. Once you add up the prices for shampoo, conditioner and oil, you’re looking at a grand total of nearly $80. What a bummer.
- The Original Moroccanoil® Oil Treatment 3.4.oz ($40)
- Moroccanoil® Moisture Repair Shampoo 8.5 oz ($20)
- Moroccanoil® Moisture Repair Conditioner 8.5 oz ($20)
- Moroccanoil® Intense Hydrating Mask 8.5 oz ($40)
- Moroccanoil® Restorative Hair Mask 8.5 oz ($40)
But wait, there’s a well kept secret in the hair world: an identical product, made in the exact same laboratory as Moroccan Oil, but it’s 60% cheaper! The product: One ‘n Only Argan Oil.
One ‘n Only Argan Oil is the same Moroccan Oil you love, just without the pretty packaging. They’re actually owned and distributed by the same company. They smell the same, feel the same, and work the same to revive and nourish your dry hair.
The price difference will amaze you!
- One ‘n Only Argan Oil Treatment 3.4 oz ($10)
- One ‘n Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo 12 oz ($10)
- One ‘n Only Argan Oil Moisture Repair Conditioner 12 oz ($10)
- One ‘n Only Argan Oil Hydrating Mask 8 oz ($10)
- One ‘n Only Restorative Mask 8.5 oz ($10)
Now head over to Ricky’s NYC or Sally Beauty Supply stat, or buy it online.
Is Your Hair Thirsty?
Posted 3 years ago by Amanda Raye
Hair is no doubt a women’s favorite accessory, so why don’t we take better care of it? If your hair has been feeling dry, brittle and frizzy due to countless hours of blow drying and straightening, it’s time to give your hair a few hours of pampering.
Instead of rushing to the beauty section of Target for a hair mask, or to your favorite salon for a pricy deep conditioning treatment, go into your kitchen instead! Cooking oil can do wonders for your hair!
Olive, canola, vegetable, almond, whatever it may be can just be added to your conditioner to make your hair happy, healthy and moisturized!
- Add 3 tbs of oil to 1/4 cup of conditioner
- Apply mixture to clean wet hair
- Clip hair into a bun or twist
- Cover hair with a shower cap (Don’t own one? Just wrap hair with saran wrap.)
- Wrap covered hair with a towel to keep in warmth
- Leave on hair for at least 30 minuets and up to 8 hours
- Rinse hair, and style as usual
Do this treatment about twice a month!