When it comes down to promotional items in particular, blindly going by the trends is certainly not recommended by any stretch of the imagination. That is for sure. Not only will you be wasting your hard-earned time and money pursuing products and services that may or may not resonate with people, but the likelihood of you leading the entirety of your business down a fruitless and clueless rabbit hole is quite high. This is not to say that one should not keep any trends in mind, but a healthy dose of prior knowledge and research is always the best way to go about it.
Being an up-and-coming service, it is not only important to know what promotional items to focus on, but which ones to avoid at all costs. There are really no two ways about that, really. Be it the case of promotional keyrings or any other such similar items. Then again, everybody lives and learns as time goes by so here are the five promotional items that need to be avoided:
- Paperweights: In the next year itself, more than half the services in general would have gone paperless with cloud technologies taking over in a big way. Once your office goes paperless, a paperweight will be nothing more than a waste of space. There are a plethora of other promotional items that you should focus on instead.
- Old Pens: In a digital world, they are becoming more and more irrelevant. But what is the real cause of this? The main thing is that it is a unitasker whereas the customers of today are looking for something a lot more handier than that. A pen-stylus combo would be the best bet.
- Anything Related to CDs: It’s a no-brainer as to why they have fallen into irrelevance, especially when both computers and cars are nowadays coming with any CD drives. Just like cassettes, they are way past their prime and funky USB sticks have replaced them instead.
- A Padfolio: Since we are living in the digital era, a padfolio is another aspect that has become outdated over the years and it is quite cumbersome to carry around. A good alternative would ideally be a tablet case.
- Headphones: Now a lot of services still think that this is a good option, but it really isn’t anymore. More of them are of subpar quality and tacky headphones will end up making your customers think that you don’t pay attention to quality. A more promising and long-lasting alternative would be a good and handy pair of bluetooth speakers.
All in all, knowing which items work and which don’t is nowhere close to being as simple and straightforward as it is made out to be. In fact, things can get quite tricky and confusing if one is not careful. However, taking advice from a promotional product supplier, such as Arcadia Corporate Merchandise, can help you drive your campaign in the right direction.
The thing to keep in mind is that even for established companies, it can be quite an overwhelming process to keep track of the rise and fall of trends across the years. The reason for this is that the wants and needs of customers keep changing with the times, hence one is sometimes quite hard-pressed to be on the constant lookout for items that are not only fun and quirky, but relevant in the current scenario.