When it’s time to write out that special birthday card for your friend, family member, loved one, coworker, or whomever the celebrant may be, do you become completely lost for words as to what to write to wish them a Happy Birthday? It’s a very common occurrence for people to get stuck when writing out those sentimental and acknowledging birthday wishes, or a message for any occasion as a matter of fact.
When you send your birthday wishes in a hand-picked, personalized birthday card, birthday gift baskets, or another present of sorts, you don’t just want to write “Happy Birthday” in the card. You want to send a unique message just for them.
Below are birthday quote suggestions from some of the world’s most legendary people. From Betty White, to Ella Fitzgerald, Pablo Picaso and Oprah, you’ll be sure to find a quote to suit the personality of the birthday celebrant.
These cheerful, humorous, and uplifting quotes will help you make creating that special birthday card much easier, more personal and tailored to the birthday celebrant!
- Cherish all your happy moments; they make a fine cushion for old age. — Booth Tarkington
- My life is better with every year of living it. — Rachel Maddow
- Your birthday is the beginning of your own personal new year. Your first birthday was a beginning, and each new birthday is a chance to begin again, to start over, to take a new grip on life. — Wilfred Peterson
- The older you get the better you get, unless you are a banana. – Betty White
- You know you’re getting old when you get that one candle on the cake. It’s like, ‘See if you can blow this out.’ — Jerry Seinfeld
- Nice to be here? At my age, it’s nice to be anywhere. – George Burns
- Most of us can remember a time when a birthday—especially if it was one’s own—brightened the world as if a second sun has risen. — Robert Staughton Lynd
- The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. — Oprah Winfrey
- I believe that no matter what condition you are in when someone close to your heart remembers your birthday and wishes you a happy birthday, you feel happy. – A. Singla
- Why party like it is 1999 when you can party like it is your birthday? — Prince
- Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It’s all about the memories. — Buddy Valastro
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – Les Brown
- Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears. — John Lennon
- Birthdays come but once a year, celebrate and be of good cheer. — Robert Rivers
- Another year comes to a close, and another begins. May the coming year be one that will be filled with laughter of friends, love of family, and the life that you dream of. — Catherine Pulsifer
- Let your joy be in your journey, not in some distant goal. – Tim Cook
- As you get older, three things happen: The first is your memory goes, and I can’t remember the other two. — Norman Wisdom
- Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you’ve got to start young. — Fred Astaire
- Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be. — Robert Browning
- In other words, live vicariously, beautifully, and excitingly, discover, love, dare and act as there is nothing to lose. — Andy Hertz
- Today you are another year older, and we know how fast time flys as we get older, therefore, live each day and be happy! – Kate Summers
- Youth has no age. — Pablo Picasso
- Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again. — Menachem Mendel Schneerson
- The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. — Lucille Ball
- Old age deprives the intelligent man only of qualities useless to wisdom. – Joseph Joubert
- Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you! – Dr. Seuss
- May you receive many gifts, and may your day be joyous, and best of all may you be surrounded by family and friends. May all you wish for come true. — Theodore W. Higginsworth
- The only thing better than singing is more singing. — Ella Fitzgerald
- Let them eat cake. — Marie Antoinette
- Live long and prosper. — Mr. Spock
So never let the unspoken work affect your birthday message. Learn from the best and put a smile on the faces of those you love.
*Photos by Karley Saagi