It seems like no two stir-fry recipes are the same. Some are extremely easy, while others are fancy and complicated. When you’re in a rush, or on a budget, spending a ton of money and time on dinner isn’t always practical. If you’re looking for a hearty meal that’s affordable, extremely tasty and simple, look no further.
Ginger & Garlic Stir-Fry
This stir-fry is a combination of my favorite stir-fry recipes, and you can use whatever veggies you would like. I usually use whatever veggies are in the fridge, so if you don’t have a veggie on the ingredient list, just replace it with something you do have.
- 1 lb. of skinless + boneless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Celery Stock
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Bunch of Bok Choy
- 2 Handfuls of Green Beans
- 3 Medium Carrots
- 1 Package of Snap Peas
- 1 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce)
- 1 tsp of Pepper
- Pinch of Salt
- Brown Rice
*Most veggies work in stir-fry dishes, so mix it up. Broccoli, yellow squash and zucchini would also work in this dish.
- -Clean and chop up your veggies.
- -Trim and slice about 1 lb. of skinless and boneless chicken breast into 1-inch slices or cubes. You want them to be bite-size!
- -Start making your rice since it needs to simmer for about 45 minutes.
*About 20 minutes
1. Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat and add the chicken when hot. Cook for five minutes and stir frequently.
2. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, ground ginger and organic ginger powder. Mix well.
3. After the chicken has cooked for 5 minutes, add half of the soy sauce mixture and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken.
5. In the same pan, add the remainder of the soy sauce mixture, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and all of your veggies. Cook until tender (about 6-8 minutes).
6. While your veggies cook, mix the flour and chicken broth (this will thicken your sauce).
7. Once your veggies are tender, add your cooked chicken and chicken broth/flour mixture. Stir until your sauce has thickened and your chicken has warmed up (about 3 minutes).
8. Serve your stir-fry over rice.
What your favorite stir-fry recipe? Let us know in the comments below!