The COVID-19 pandemic has forced people from around the globe under lock and key for months now, and the question on everyone’s lips is “when will it be safe to travel again?” In short, it is actually relatively safe to resume travel right now. In fact, there are plenty of countries, including the Maldives, Namibia, and Peru, that are happy to welcome tourists from the United States back with open arms (but no hugging, remember! Social distancing is still extremely important).
The reality is that as long as travelers strive to follow all of the necessary health and safety protocols, there is no reason why travel should not be back on the cards in the near future. When you look at the precautions that are being taken by travel suppliers globally and the measures that are being used to prevent the spread of the virus, it becomes obvious that the question is no longer “is it safe to travel?”, but rather “are you ready to get back to traveling?”
Booking Your Next Trip
Some people are lusting after a holiday, especially considering just how stressful and restrictive the last year has been. However, others still won’t quite feel confident enough to hop aboard a plane just yet. Obviously, don’t force yourself to do anything travel-related until you feel 100% confident that it is the right time to do so.
If international travel still feels a bit daunting, you might want to consider a domestic vacation. However, also be mindful of the fact that there are numerous advantages to booking a vacation abroad right now.
As a result of the economic hardships sustained by the tourism and travel industry, travel suppliers are doing their utmost to encourage prospective travelers to take the plunge and make those bookings. Therefore, you are likely to enjoy significant savings by visiting top vacation deal websites, such as Holiday Exclusives.
Furthermore, you don’t need to worry about potentially losing out on your money should travel restrictions be tightened once again. Most hotels, guesthouses, and airlines have amended their cancelation policies to allow for a full or partial refund in the event of a COVID-related event preventing a traveler from embarking on their trip as planned. Just ensure that you take the time to read the fine print in this regard before making payment.
How to Stay Safe
If you have decided that you are ready to get back to traveling, or you feel that you will soon reach that milestone, here are a few guidelines to keep in mind to maximize your safety throughout the journey:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a face mask at all times when traveling
- Never touch your face
- Maintain a minimum distance of six feet between yourself and others
- Avoid contact with anyone who is sick
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, or use a hand sanitizer
- Try not to touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, light switches, and handrails. If you do, sanitize your hands immediately thereafter
- Make yourself aware of the local requirements and restrictions at your destination of choice
- Do activities outside and with few people such as whale watching or hiking. Whale watching San Diego has some great excursions that are fun but still safe while we continue to battle this pandemic.
Have a wonderful vacation and stay safe!