Getting your nails done is always a relaxing treat, but those weekly manicures can add up fast. If you’re running low on funds, but hate doing your nails at home, then read on.
We asked Pam Kalmus, the founder of popular nail community app, Mani Diaries to share her never fail tips for at-home manicures and pedicures. These tips and industry secrets will make doing your nails at home more enjoyable and stress free!
1. You must start with a clean nail. If you have hard to remove polish (i.e. glitter), then soak a cotton ball in nail polish, put it on your nail, and cover it with tin foil. Leave on for 5 minutes.
2. If your nail polish is bubbling, it’s possible you are storing it at temperatures that are too high. Store your polishes in the fridge to persevere them and avoid bubbling.
3. At-home manis can be tough if you were never one to draw in the lines. Apply Vaseline around the edge of nail before you polish. This will ensure that the nail polish only gets on your nails and not your skin.
4. To keep chipping to a minimum, make sure you apply top coat to the edge of the nail, to lock in the polish.
5. Antsy to get moving after a mani? Wait a few minutes for your polish to air dry and then dip them in ice cold water to speed up the drying process!
Do you have any at-home mani tips? Let us know in the comments below!