This smoothie is filled with pumpkin seeds, which are alkaline-forming and filled with lots of minerals including zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, iron and copper. The one handful of spinach has nearly 20% of the RDA of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating.
Avocado provides your body with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6, along with an enormous amount of potassium and “healthy” fat, and they’re great for smoothies because they can improve your absorption of other nutrients. And finally, pineapples are rich in vitamin C, and have bromelain, which is effective in suppressing coughs and loosening mucus.
- 2 tbs. Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/3 Pineapple
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbs Agave syrup
- 2 Dates
- Handful of Spinach
- 1 tbs. Chia Seeds
- 1 scoop Spiru-Tein Powder (Vanilla, unsweetened)
- 1 scoop Maca powder
- Blend pumpkin seeds, spinach, almond milk and water
- Then add chopped avocado, dates + pineapple, blend
- Finally add agave syrup, chia seeds, Spiru-Tein powder and Maca powder while blending
- Serve with a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds + squirt of agave!
*This post originally appeared on CourtneyBoydMyers.com. To learn more about the talented Courtney, check out her blog and follow her on Twitter!