Getting a massage with your significant other is a wonderful experience. The calm atmosphere, the gentle kneading that relieves muscle tension, and the feeling of complete relaxation are something you can both get to experience. You and your partner can also bond during a massage session and come out feeling happy and completely relaxed. If you have never had a couples massage, we will walk you through everything you need to know before you step into a massage room.
What Is a Couples Massage?
A couples massage is when you and your partner get a massage at the same time, in the same private room, on separate tables (one for each person), and the massages are performed by two massage therapists (one for each person). A couples massage therapy may include candle lighting, aromatherapy, soothing music, and added extras such as acupuncture and hot stones.
What To Wear To a Couples Massage
You should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing and avoid wearing shorts, jeans, or trousers without any stretch or with lots of pockets. Also, ensure that you remove all jewelry before your couples massage therapy session begins, as rings, necklaces, earrings, and watches are difficult to work around and can be dangerous for your flesh and your therapist’s hands.
How Much Does Couples Massage Therapy Cost?
Couples’ massage therapy can cost between $60 and $200 depending on the duration of the massage, the location where you have your massage, and add-ons like a hot towel experience.
How Much To Tip for a Couples Massage?
You are not required to tip for your couples massage therapy. However, if you decide to tip, you should tip 10 percent to 20 percent of the bill.
What Are the Benefits of a Couples Massage?
Couples massage offers many benefits, including:
- Reconnect with Your Partner: Many couples are busy with work, children, and everything in between. As such, they barely have time to nurture the foundation of their relationship. A couples massage reconnects you with your partner by allowing you to spend quality time together and catch each other up on life events.
- Release of “Feel Good” Hormones: During a massage, the brain releases “feel good” hormones such as serotonin, endorphins, dopamine, and oxytocin. These hormones improve your mood and promote the desire for intimacy and affection.
- Improved Circulation, Energy, and Alertness: Couples massage increases blood flow to various joints, makes you feel more energetic, and increases alertness.
Why Choose a Couples Massage?
You should choose a couples massage because:
- It is a Unique Gift: If your partner has been swamped with work and has had no time to relax, a couples massage can help your partner unwind and release all the work-related stress.
- Trying Something new can be Exciting: If you and your partner have never had a professional couples massage, getting one together can be exciting for the both of you. Also, you will be making new memories together.
- A Massage Can Help You Unwind and Relax: We all need a break from the activities of daily life, and a couples massage can help you do just that. A couples massage can help you relax and unwind while you get pampered.
Get a Couple Massage Today
Now that you know everything about couples massage, you and your partner can properly prepare for one and enjoy an intimate bonding experience while reaping all the benefits that a couples massage offers.