CET or Common Entrance Test is the entryway for admissions in several professional colleges in the country. Institutes that are allied to state universities admit candidates via the exam. So, any candidate who wants to pursue a professional degree course in the field of engineering, dental, medicine, architecture, etc., has to enroll for a CET exam.
In this article, we will give a detailed overview of the CET exam:
Eligibility Criteria For CET Exam
The authority that conducts this exam has laid down specific eligibility criteria for the students who appear for different CET exams.
- Only Indian Nationals can take this exam.
- They should have successfully passed the Higher Secondary Class /12th class or equivalent exam. The candidates who are appearing in the HSC or 12th are also considered eligible for this exam. As per the eligibility criteria, CET for 12th pass allows only those students who have scored requisite scores in compulsory subjects in 12th to appear for this test.
- There is no age bar for candidates who are appearing in the majority of CET exams.
List of National level Common Entrance Test:
- JEE – CBSE conducts this exam to provide selected students in technical institutes like IIST, IIT’s, etc.
- AIIMS – This exam is conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. All 12th passed science stream students can sit in this medical entrance exam.
- BITSAT– Birla Institute of Technology and Science conducts this entrance test to provide students admission in different engineering streams.
- NATA–The Indian Government conducts the National Aptitude Test in Architecture for students to XII class students to grant admissions to architecture courses.
- AIPMT– CBSE supervises this exam to grant admission to dental and medical colleges.
- NCHMCT–The National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology conducts the exam to grant admission to students in national, private, and state-level hotel management colleges.
- NIFT test- The National Institute of Fashion Technology conducts this exam to select students for various fashion technology and design courses.
- CLAT– This is a national level Common Law Admission Test that is conducted to grant admission to students in law courses.
- CPT– The ICAI or the Indian Chartered Accountants of India administers the exam to select students who can become an independent Chartered Accountant.
Importance of Taking CET Mock Tests
A college or a university that offers a professional degree course admits students based on their CET exam performance. As limited seats are available in every competition, the cut-off of the CET exam is very high. Looking at the massive number of applications who take this exam every year, there is no doubt that competition is intense.
Only the most deserving candidates will be selected. This requires that a candidate has to do thorough preparation for the exam. Mock tests are one of the best ways to improve your performance. Several academic websites, including the CET official website, provide CET mock tests online free. So practice as many mock tests and sample papers as you can. This will in turn, help you with speed, accuracy, and understanding of exam paper patterns.
Have you taken the CET exam? Let us know in the comments below!