We all know how annoying and uncomfortable your day can be when stuck wearing an ill-fitted bra. I know, finding the perfect bra is really hard, frustrating and challenging, but it is certainly not IMPOSSIBLE. Choosing a well fitting bra is really important if you want to stay comfortable all day and slay your outfit.
If you’re still on the hunt for the perfect bra, check out some of the tips and tricks below:
First off, Are you comfortable with your bra?
After a long work day, do you rush into the house so you can take your bra off? That feeling when you take off your bra as soon as you get home. I know, what a relief! But honey, did you notice the issue here? What’s bothering you? Is it because of the tight hook-and-eye closure in the back? Is it scratchy? Or do you feel the underwire of your cup poking in? Where is that wire poking in? Middle or sides? Are the wires leaving you red marks? Is the fabric making your skin itchy? Are your straps falling down and causing awkward situations?
Do you want to avoid all these situations? Here are some tips that can lead you to buy the perfect bra!
Step 1: Measure Your Band Size
This step is so obvious but a lot of us ignore it. Most of us take random guesses and buy the bra without knowing the actual size. To measure band size first take a measuring tape and measure around your torso directly under your bust, wear a bra band that would fit properly. The tape should be very leveled and snug. Round to the nearest whole number. If the number is even, add four inches and if it is an odd number (31, 35, etc.) add 5 to your number and note this down.
Step 2: Take Your Bust Measurement
The next step is to take the bust measurement. Wrap the tape a bit loosely around the fullest part of your bust (exactly at the nipple level). And round to the nearest whole number.
Step 3: Now Measure Your Cup Size
Now you should find your cup size. To know about this all you have to do is to subtract your band size from your bust size and this difference is your cup size.
How To Make Sure Your Bra Fits You
- Make sure to stand straight and bend forward at the waist, now put on the bra and hook it. This will ensure that your breasts are completely filled into the cups perfectly.
- Next, make sure about the band size. Band size is perfect if and only if the back of the bra is leveled with the front of the bra. If it’s not perfect then sweetie you’re getting the wrong band size.
- The bra should not be too tight or too loose. Only one finger should slide underneath the band. If it’s more than one finger then it’s definitely loose and you should go a size down. And if one finger isn’t sliding then it’s too tight.
- Check out the straps too. First, tighten the band, then shorten the straps according to your comfort.
- Make sure of the cups as well. If the cups pucker or your breasts bulge, you are wearing the incorrect bra size. Make sure the cups fit perfectly and give you a clean look without any bulges.
That’s it ya’ll, I hope this guide helps you to get the perfect bra. Remember one thing ladies, your bra is your basic foundation, so if you want to look perfect and flawless, make sure to wear the right ones. Comfort is key for slaying your day.