Whether you’re seeing a nutritionist or a personal trainer, following a special diet plan, or taking special supplements, weight loss programs can be expensive. However, the advantages of weight loss, such as increased self-confidence, better health, and being less at risk for obesity-related medical issues, can be well worth the investment.
Let’s look at some popular weight loss programs and methods to see their cost:
Weight Loss Programs
Getting help with weight loss programs can be done through apps like Lasta, which are helpful in creating a balanced approach. Lasta is a healthy weight loss app that provides users not only personalized meal plan recommendations – it also guides them on how to improve sleep, mind, and exercise habits. The app also includes a tracking feature to monitor progress over time. It also uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) techniques to help users identify negative thoughts and patterns. It provides daily content on how to stay fitter and find your ideal weight. In addition, it provides professional coaching and community support.
On average, the price per pound lost through a weight loss program ranges from about $77 to $169. Although the cost of a weight loss program varies widely, it’s important to remember that higher prices don’t mean better results. Therefore, instead of considering the program’s price, you should be thinking about what will motivate you to lose weight. Then, as you compare your program options, you can look at the quality of the products, the customer service, online availability, etc., to determine how realistic the program will be at helping you meet your weight loss goals.
Furthermore, you should be willing to commit to a weight loss program for a minimum of six months for the best results. Some weight loss meal planner software can also provide you with excellent results. The following programs can be an effective option for helping you make healthy lifestyle changes and give you guidance on food and nutrition and help to support your short and long-term weight loss and weight management objectives.
Some of these programs focus on a more restricted diet, while others center on gradual weight loss while building healthy exercise and eating habits. These plans may come with meal plans, recipes, prepackaged food delivered to your home, personalized coaching, online support, fitness tracking, and calorie tracking.
- Weight Watchers: This program features online tools, online and in-person coaching, meal plan recommendations, and exercise tips. The core of this program is food and exercise tracking to adopt healthy choices. The average cost for Weight Watchers is approximately $30 per month.
- Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig: These programs offer meals and snacks delivered to your door, so you don’t have to make decisions about what to eat. They also provide personalized counseling and online support. The average cost for these programs is upwards of $300 per month.
- Plant-Based Transformation Program by LyfeFuel: Using a holistic approach to wellness, the Lyfe Transformation program combines a digital program with a plant-based nutrition products bundle designed to make it easy to meet your daily nutritional needs while supporting weight loss and increased energy through a whole food plant-based lifestyle. No tracking calories or measuring food, this program is both easy to follow and great value for the money—it’s currently $150 to get started.
- Noom: This program is app-based and features coaching to encourage behavior changes that lead to healthier habits instead of focusing on food restrictions. The average cost for Noom is about $45 per month.
- A Nutritionist or Dietician: These professionals work with you to create a diet designed specifically for you. They can also help give you instructions on how to change the way you eat to lose weight and improve your lifestyle with better nutrition habits. On average, nutritionists and dieticians cost about $70 to $100 per visit.
- Medical Weight Loss Programs: These types of programs are usually tailored to your health and goals and provided by a doctor or through a local weight loss center. In some cases, the diet plan is designed based on your DNA. A professional typically monitors you through the program’s course, which usually lasts about six to eight months. The average cost for medical weight loss programs is about $1000. However, these costs vary depending on the number of visits, the initial consultations, prescription medication, special food, supplements, and post-care.
Weight Loss Surgery
Suppose you’re carrying over 100 pounds of extra weight, or your excess weight is interfering with your daily activities, or you have obesity-related health issues. In that case, you may qualify for weight loss surgery. The average cost for surgery ranges between $20,000 to $25,000, depending on the procedure you choose.
The cost of weight loss programs varies. However, it’s not the program’s price that matters so much as how the program is designed to help you lose weight. Ultimately, you want to consider what will motivate you to lose weight and keep it off and find a program that caters to your needs. For example, if you struggle with figuring out what to eat and always reach for the quickest, most straightforward option, then a program that delivers ready-made food to your home might be the answer.