Judging by the weather in New York, summertime happiness is still a long ways away. But luckily, beach waves don’t have to be.
If you’re craving that beach-y hair that just oozes summer sexiness, don’t wait until your July vacation to the Outer Banks. With the help of the products below, you’ll be well on your way to acing beach waves when there’s still snow on the ground.
1. After showering, spray your towel dried hair with a primer or detangler. Then comb your hair to get out all the knots.
2. Immediately after, spray your whole head from root to tip with a sea salt spray of your choice. Just make sure your salt spray’s main ingredient (after water) is salt. The salt is what’s going to give your hair that texture, and many beach wave sprays on the market these days don’t even contain salt. Or just make your own!
3. After saturating your hair with the spray, scrunch it and let it air dry for about 10 minutes. Now would be a good time to do your makeup, or get dressed.
4. After 10 minutes, use a quarter-sized amount of the Texturizing Cream from Not Your Mother’s. This will help set the waves.
5. At this point, finish getting ready, and then lightly spray your hair with the hairspray of your choice. Now put your hair in a half-up/half-down style and go about your day.
6. After 20 minutes, shake out your locks and voila: super sexy beach waves!
Your goal is to not use a blow dryer. The heat can cause your hair to frizz, and that’s never a good thing.
How do you achieve beach waves when it’s not summer? Let us know in the comments below!