If you and your partner have just found out you are going to be parents, congrats are in order and if you are both feeling a little apprehensive, you have come to the right place, as we offer a few hacks for new parents.
- Outdoor play – Take a double bed fitted sheet, turn it upside down and put items in the four corners, giving you a clean area to sit and play; simply shake the sheet, roll it up and you always have a clean area to lay on the grass. Pack some antiseptic wipes and you’ll be glad that you did, while a small, basic first aid kit is another option to pack.
- Online shopping – You haven’t got the time to go looking for maternity swimwear or baby clothing; Google will find leading Australian suppliers of all the essentials you need and what’s more, the lowest prices are found online. Not only that, free delivery is normal, so you don’t have to leave your home when you need something for baby.
- Pack a spare bag – Fill it with things you would need for an overnight stay and whenever you go out, put the bag in the car. It pays to be prepared when travelling with kids and this bag could one day be a life-saver.
- Washing plastic toys in the dishwasher – Make sure the toys do not have any electronics, then you simply put them in the dishwasher for a complete cycle. Toddlers like to put everything in their mouths, which is why all toys and other items should be cleaned properly.
- Audio stories at mealtime – Why not let the kids listen to a story at mealtime? This provides opportunities to delve into the plot and helps the young child to better understand concepts. You can make good use of the Bluetooth speaker and download a few of the traditional fairy stories and listening develops language skills.
- Use parenting apps – These are the best resources for new parents; connect with other newbies and also ask seasoned parents for advice. Some are free, although there will be ads in the bundle, while there are some great subscription patenting apps. Go to Play Store and take a look at the amazing mobile apps for every aspect of life, including parenting.
There are a lot of free resources online for new parents and we hope the above ideas help you to become a good parent.