Sleeping on the wrong mattress can cause stress and strain. Getting to sleep doesn’t happen easily without a good, high-quality mattress to lie on top of each night. Thousands of people currently sleep on the wrong mattress. They toss and turn all night and wake up with aches and pains, feeling less refreshed than before they went to bed. If this describes your sleep habits, it is time to consider purchasing a new mattress.
How a Bad Mattress Affects Your Sleep
When you can’t get comfortable at night, it’s hard to drift off to dreamland and stay there once you finally fall asleep. If the mattress that you are sleeping on isn’t up to par, it affects the comfort that you feel and the quality of sleep that you’ll receive at night. Poor sleep results in negative consequences that include:
– Poor concentration
– Less sleep, more stress.
– Difficulty remembering and processing new information
– Affects your mood
– Affects your energy levels
– More prone to accidents
Getting a good night sleep is more important than what many people realize. The consequences of poor sleep listed here are only some of the negative attributes that you can expect. But now it is clear to see that it is imperative to sleep the recommended eight hours each night so that you are at your best. If the mattress on your bed fails to provide the good night sleep that you need, it is worth investing a small amount of cash into a new one. Your sleep is just that important. Many types and styles of mattresses are available for purchase these days. Pillowtop, memory foam and spring coil are among the many choices.
Signs You Need a New Mattress
Signs that it’s time to buy a new mattress are usually pretty obvious, yet are ignored by many people who assume their low-quality sleep is caused by one of the dozens of other issues. Don’t play the fool and make sure that the mattress is one of the first culprits considered when you’re not getting the sleep quality that you want and deserve. Common signs that it’s time to buy a new mattress include:
– Damage: If your mattress looks like it’s been in the middle of a horror movie, it’s time to toss it out and get something that has a little less wear, tear and damage. You’ll appreciate a damage-free mattress that doesn’t look so unsightly and allows you to sleep comfortably.
– Mattress Age: The average mattress lasts about 7 – 8 years, but not all mattresses are guaranteed to last this length of time. If the mattress is older than this age or is nearing it, go ahead and replace just to be safe.
– Uncomfortable: If you cannot get comfortable on the mattress no matter what you try, it’s simply not the right mattress for your sleeping needs. Replacing an uncomfortable mattress pays off in the end since you’re more likely to sleep better on a mattress that suits your body.
– Aches & Pains: If you wake up with aches and pains or a ‘stiff back’ in the morning but the pain subsides after you start moving around, the mattress is the likely cause and this a sign that you shouldn’t wait any longer to replace the product with something more suitable for your needs.
The signs listed here are a few of the many that indicate the need to buy a new mattress. There are tons of great mattresses in all price ranges that will better suit your needs. Do not wait any longer to browse the mattress selection to find the model most appropriate for your needs.
How to Choose a New Mattress
It is beneficial to spend a few minutes of time getting to know more about the different types of mattresses and which is best-suited for your needs. Thanks to the internet it is easy to learn what you should know to make the right mattress choice.
*This article was contributed.