You may be familiar with the term ‘superfood’. This is used to describe any sort of food that offers health benefits and contains a lot of nutrients. In this post, we will look at some key superfoods, as well as giving you some snack ideas that incorporate them.
So, let’s take a look at some of the superfoods that you could easily incorporate into your diet, as well as the health benefits they offer:
- Broccoli – Firstly, we have broccoli. It is no coincidence that broccoli is considered a superfood. It boasts a huge amount of nutrients. One of the most important is vitamin K. This plays a vital role in supporting brainpower and cognitive function.
- Matcha Green Tea – You should switch your cup of coffee for a cup of Matcha green tea. While there are many different green teas to choose from, Matcha is advised because it is more potent, as you contain the entire tea leaf, as opposed to it merely being submerged into the water. Matcha is proven to enhance energy and concentration and it does so without the jitters that are associated with caffeine.
- Water – While water is technically not a food, we could not put together this post without mentioning it. Water is extremely important when looking to enhance your skin, fight off disease, improve productivity in the workplace, and much more. This is because everybody function relies on water to work smoothly, as our bodies are made up of more than 70 percent water. As the day goes by, the water stored will begin to deplete slowly, which is why you need to replace it.
- Avocados – A tasty and healthy way to boost productivity, avocados are a natural stimulant because they ensure that consistent blood flows around the heart and through the brain. This is a simple yet delicious way to ensure your brain cells are fired up and ready to go. They also help with hearing health and vision as well.
- Salmon – All types of fatty fish are good for energy and concentration, but salmon is definitely one of the best. It can help to enhance mental performance and memory because of the high content of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Sunflower Seeds – If you are looking for a great brain-boosting snack for the workplace, you should consider sunflower seeds. They contain a good dose of thiamine, which is a B vitamin that boosts memory and cognitive function.
Easy Superfood Snack Suggestions for the Workplace
So, now you know about the different types of food that offer health benefits, boost productivity, as well as those that can make you feel tired and fatigued. Of course, you already have a few suggestions for workplace snacks, such as a handful of sunflower seeds, but here are some more exciting options.
- A Berry Smoothie – A healthy snack that ensures you get the boost in productivity you need. Smoothies are also incredibly filling. You can create various types of berry smoothies. Combine with almond milk and play around with other superfood ingredients, such as kale and spinach.
- Raw Carrots and Hummus – Get the boost in concentration you need by eating raw carrots and team with hummus for a tasty and healthy snack.
- Greek Yogurt and Berries – Greek yogurt is really good for you, offering a great dose of protein. Mix with berries for a tasty treat and an energy boost.
- Trail Mix – When choosing a trail mix, it is always a good idea to look for one that contains sunflower seeds. You should also make sure the nuts are unsalted for a healthy energy boost. Did you know that a good trail mix is also beneficial in terms of boosting hearing health? If you’re concerned about your hearing health, of course, the number one thing to do is look for hearing aids. However, diet changes can help as well. Seeds and nuts contain zinc, which is great for preventing ear infections, as well as aiding hearing loss, so a little trail mix can certainly go a long way!
- Egg Salad – If you missed out on your dose of eggs for breakfast, why not have them for lunch instead? A hard-boiled egg with a nice side salad is the perfect lunch to get you through the rest of the day.
- Chocolate-Coated Strawberries – Craving something bad and sugary? Melt some dark chocolate, dip strawberries into it, and set aside in the fridge until the chocolate becomes hard.
So there you have it: some great suggestions regarding boosting your diet and embracing some superfoods! If you liked this article, don’t forget to share it with friends on Pinterest. ❤️
Want more health tips? Read more: