The curtain haircut for men is one of the most popular styles because it gives men many choices in how to wear it. You do not have to comb your hair the same way every day. You can make changes according to where you are going that day or how you feel.
What Exactly Is Considered a Curtain Haircut?
The curtain is created by allowing the hair at the top of the head to grow out and the hair close to the neck to be shaved. The curtain is the fringe of hair created by the longer length on top. The hair is accentuated using a part down the middle.
This is a popular haircut with men of different ages, especially young men in their early-to-late twenties.
This cut is also known as the “eBoy.”
Celebrities with the Curtain Cut
You have more than likely seen some celebrities wearing this style. Some of the top stars who have worn a curtain include:
- Johnny Depp
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Timothy Chalamet
- Charles Melton
- Keanu Reeves
- River Phoenix
- Shaun Ryder
- Kurt Cobain
- Alex James
Styling the Cut
The most important thing is to style the cut according to the type of hair that you have. This type of haircut was once considered only to be appropriate for men with naturally straight hair. The truth is the cut works for curly hair, straight hair, thin hair, and thick hair.
Straight Hair Styling Tips
You can do several things with this haircut if you have straight hair.
- Pull the hair back and place the longer length into a ponytail at the back of the head when you are in a casual setting.
- Comb the hair with the part in the middle so that the hair lays down smoothly against your head.
- Comb the hair to the right or left side and create a daring look.
- If the hair on top is long enough, make a man-bun at the back of the head.
- If the hair on top is short enough, skip the part and let the hair hang over the forehead in a messy set of bangs.
- Use a round brush when blow-drying your hair so you create more volume and depth if you have thin hair
Curly Hair Styling Tips
If you have curly hair, you know that taming those curls is almost impossible, but with enough products, you can weigh the hair and make the curls straighten out.
You can also consider some of the following styling tips:
- Pull the hair back and put it in a ponytail at the back of the head.
- Pull the hair to the back but up higher and create a man-bun at the back of the head.
- Allow the curls to do what they want and go for the slightly mussed up or bed-head look.
- Comb the hair to one side instead of using the part down the middle look.
- Wear the front of the hair brushed back with no part. This does not work for straight hair, but with curly hair, it will give you a lifted look. It accentuates the forehead, so people with long foreheads may not want to use this style.
Cut Your Curtain
You can even cut your hair and get the curtain style.
Start by getting your hair damp. You do not want the hair dripping wet, but you want it to be damp so it does not fly away, and you can get all the hair cut.
Part the hair down the middle. This can be done using a fine-tooth comb and your nose as the guide for where the exact center of the region should be located. Be sure to brush your hair forward to ascertain whether you have enough length to create a good fringe on your forehead.
Brush your hair using the comb to make sure that there are no tangles that can interfere with your cut.
The sides of your hair will need to be combed forward. You want to get the hair behind the ears and search it towards your face.
Take the comb and push the remaining hair back towards your head. This will create a definition line.
Cut the back of the hair, so it is no longer than 3 inches. You can go shorter or even shave this area if you want to.
You want the hair to be slightly longer than the back on the sides of your head. Choose to cut the sides to be between three and four inches in length.
When you cut the hair at the top of the head, you want to leave it at a length of 7 to 8 inches. The front is the portion that creates the bangs or fringe, so this section must be kept the longest.
Once the top hair is the same length, you want to hold sections of it up and cut a little off to angle or add layers to the hair; you do this by having the area between two fingers and cutting it at an angle.
When you dry your hair, comb it downwards to prevent the hair from becoming frizzy. Air-dried hair is fine for casual looks, but when you want the hair to look smooth and sculpted, you need to use a blow dryer to create the proper look. If your hair is curly, use a diffuser when you dry, so your hair does not frizz.
A little bit of hair gel can stop your hair from looking frizzy. If you want a casual look do not use any hair products. Also, make sure to use very little gel or you will weigh the hair down.
This hairstyle is fun to wear and looks great on every face shape. If you have curly hair you will more than likely want to stick with a side part and if you have straight hair the in-the-middle part will be your top choice. Play around with the parts and length until you find one that you think is perfect.