The Turks and Caicos Islands is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Lucayan Archipelago of the Northern West Indies. Its turquoise waters and immaculate white sand beaches make it a sought-after getaway for people who want to be in one with nature.
Turks and Caicos Islands consist of 40 islands, 32 of which are occupied by wildlife species. The eight remaining islands boast of powdery white beaches and crystal-clear waters. During the peak season, the Turks and Caicos villa rentals are in demand as tourists flock to the islands for a tropical getaway. The islands also boast of the most extensive coral system in the world. Hence, most of the slots in Turks and Caicos villa rentals quickly get filled with divers who want the best diving experience out there.
What to Do in the Turks and Caicos Islands
The U.S. News and World Report ranked this destination third in the Best Caribbean Beach category. Aside from its spectacular scenic views, a wide array of activities await you in the islands such as:
- Take in the magnificent views of the Caribbean by walking along its pristine white sands.
- Experience nature by swimming in the azure, clean waters.
- Treat yourself to a relaxing spa at the resorts.
- Snorkel, dive, and witness first-hand the world’s largest coral system.
- Watch birds, whales, and other wildlife species that live only on the islands.
- Attend the Turks & Caicos Music and Cultural Festival and immerse yourself with different cultures and appreciate art forms.
- Join the “glow worm cruise,” where you can have a glimpse of the marine worm “Odontosyllis.” During the mating season, you can witness them release eggs that emit green luminescence on the water surface.
Planning Your Trip
- Tropical climate dominates the temperature on the islands. The weather on the Islands is quite pleasant all year round. However, hurricanes and the rainy season occur sometime in June through November. According to the resort managers, the peak season starts in November through March. Thus, when you’re on a budget, it is best to plan your vacation in April or May.
- This destination is known for its luxurious hotels. However, if you have a tight budget, you can opt for guesthouses and inns that offer cheaper but homely accommodations.
- The restaurants rely on imported goods; thus, fine dining can be extra expensive. However, tourists should not be disheartened as there are many options for travelers who want to have an affordable but superb eating experience. For one, some restaurants offer seafood (particularly conch), which, according to the reviews, is delicious.
- Getting around Turks & Caicos is very convenient as there are various modes of transportation available on the islands. You can explore by riding a cab, renting, a car, or even riding a bicycle.
Turks & Caicos Islands is the kind of travel destination that will always leave a mark in your heart and mind. Aside from its splendid views that will make everyone relax, the islands are home to abundant wildlife species that will remind you of the importance of conserving nature.
There is a long list of activities that will make you experience life to the fullest at the Islands. Click here for Turks and Caicos villas, so you can start planning your dream vacation ASAP!