Awesome news. I’m the judge for Thrift Store Runway this month! Thrift Store Runway is an online fashion contest with five cash prizes given away every month for the best submissions. Just submit a photo of yourself wearing an awesome outfit you happened to get at a thrift or buy/sell/trade store.
This contest is a part of the movement to Bring Back National Thrift Week, which used to be a vibrant celebration of the virtue of thrift in America. From the early part of the twentieth century on up through the 1960s, Thrift Week events flourished from coast to coast . Somewhere along the way, though, the idea of thrift seems to have fallen out fashion.
Here’s some of your competition at the moment!
With the exeption of the purple cardigan (worn buttoned up as a shirt), each item in this outfit is thrifted.
- Earrings: $.50
- Belt: $.99
- Vintage skirt: $3.99
- Heels (Steve Madden): $2.50
- Cardigan (Target): $9.99
- Light Blue Striped Button Down Shirt by Van Huesen(Consignment Store $2.50)
- Blue Bandana use as Pocket Square(Salvation Army $1.00)
- Red Tie with Blue Polka Dots(Consignment Store $4.00)
- Gray Wool Blazer by Stafford(Salvation Army $1.00)
- Polka dot secretary blouse from Roseville Hospice Thrift Store $4
- Black dress from Roseville Hospice Thrift Store $1
- Outfit total: $5
Just go here to submit. It’s super easy. Contest ends on Thursday, 2/28/2013.