Maui is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, and for a good reason! There is so much to see and do on this beautiful island. One of the best activities to enjoy while visiting Maui is watching whales.
Whales can be seen from December through May, so there is plenty of opportunity to catch a glimpse of these majestic creatures. This blog post will provide you with all the information you need to have a successful whale-watching experience on Maui!
Here’s What You Need to Know About Watching Whales in Maui:
The first step is to choose a tour for whale watching on Maui. There are many different companies that offer tours, so be sure to do your research to find one that is reputable and has good reviews. Once you have chosen a tour, make sure to book your spot in advance as they can fill up quickly!
When you are on the tour, be sure to dress appropriately for the weather. The sun can be very strong in Maui, so make sure to wear sunscreen and a hat. binoculars are also helpful for getting a better view of the whales.
Most importantly, just relax and enjoy the experience! It is a great way to see some of nature’s most incredible creatures up close. With a little preparation, you are sure to have a memorable experience.
7 Things to Keep In Mind When You Go Whale Watching in Maui
1. The best time to go to Maui is from December to May. This is when the humpback whales migrate to the Hawaiian Islands to mate and give birth.
2. There are a few different companies that offer tours in Maui. Make sure to do your research before booking a tour, as some companies are better than others.
3. The cost of a tour in Maui can vary depending on the company you book with and the length of the tour. Expect to pay anywhere from $50 to $100 per person.
4. Most tours in Maui last between 2 and 3 hours. Make sure you wear comfortable clothing and bring along sunscreen and water.
5. You will likely see other wildlife on your tour in Maui, such as dolphins, turtles, and tropical fish. Keep your eyes peeled for these animals as well!
6. Remember to take plenty of pictures during your tour in Maui! But be sure not to use flash photography, as this can disturb the whales.
7. Lastly, have fun and enjoy your time out on the water! Watching whales is an amazing experience that you’ll never forget.
5 Tips for Taking Great Whale-Watching Photos in Maui
1. Use a zoom lens if you have one – This will help you get close-up shots of the whales without disturbing them.
2. Set your camera to continuous shooting mode – This will help you capture multiple photos in quick succession, increasing your chances of getting a great shot.
3. Use a tripod or stable surface – This will help keep your camera steady and reduce blurriness in your photos.
4. Use natural light – Turn off your flash to avoid disturbing the whales and use the sun to your advantage.
5. Be patient – It takes practice to get good at wildlife photography, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t get the perfect photo on your first try. Keep taking pictures and you’ll eventually get the shot you’re looking for!
Now that you know all about watching whales in Maui, it’s time to start planning your trip! Be sure to keep these tips in mind and you’re sure to have a great experience. And don’t forget to take plenty of photos to remember your once-in-a-lifetime adventure!