Zebra blinds are a modern blind that can take the place of the older roller blind versions. They are called Zebra because they have alternating panels or “stripes”. The alternating panels are made of sheer panels that allow natural light to enter the room and block-out panels that provide you with some privacy.
This modern style of window treatment gives you everything you need in a window covering. They are sleek and elegant. They provide privacy. They allow natural light. They are cost effective and easy to install.
The Effectiveness of Zebra Blinds
These window coverings are very effective at creating the amount of privacy or light you need in a room. They are also fashionable and look great on the windows so you do not have to hang curtains over them if you do not wish to do so.
The Zebra blinds will fool you into believing that they do not offer very much in the way of privacy because they are designed to allow so much natural light to pour through them.
These blinds give you options about how much light or visibility to have at the window. Such as:
- Open them completely for an unobstructed view
- Align the block panels so you block out all light and external visibility
- Use the block-out panels and sheer panels in conjunction for partially obstructed views
- Roll them completely down
You choose the best amount of privacy according to the room, your tastes and how you feel at the moment.
You might think that blinds that allow light to enter the room will also allow heat or cold to enter the room. This is not necessarily the case.
These blinds can keep the summer heat from infiltrating and causing your air conditioner to have to work harder. They have a double layer of fabric that acts like an insulator so the temperature inside your home is easier to maintain.
They also stop the sunlight from reaching inside and causing damages to your flooring, furniture or décor.
One of the things that makes Zebra blinds so great is the amount of versatility they come with. You can customize the blinds so they provide you with everything you need according to your style and preferences.
These are not the old traditional shades your grandmother and mother used to hang up over their windows. The tiny slats that were hard to clean have been replaced with panels that are wider and more effective.
Customize your units by:
- Choosing the fabric you want. You can coordinate them to match your furniture, or you can make them more light-filtering or room-darkening just by the fabric you choose to have them designed from.
- Add a motor and you have motorized shades that you do not have to manually operate. Motorized shades eliminate the cords that can be dangerous to small children and some house pets.
- Buy bold colors of neutral shades. You can even choose a variety of materials and patterns. The choices are endless.
The Maintenance and Cleaning
These blinds have a unique feature when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. They do not require dusting like normal blinds because of their fabric.
The fabric used in the creation of the blinds is an anti-static one that stops dust and grime for catching and collecting on the fabric. Just go ahead and throw away all of the blind dusters that you have collected over the years.
If you want to clean your blinds all you need is a damp cloth. Lower the blinds so the material is easy to reach and wipe it down with the damp cloth. That id all there is to it.
An important factor with these blinds is the fact that they are durable and long-lasting. You are not going to need to replace your blinds often.
It is possible that your blinds may last 8 years or more without needing replaced.
Where to Use Zebra Blinds
These modern blinds are capable of being used in just about any room of your home or office.
Use these blinds:
- In the waiting room of your office
- In your living room
- In your den
- In your dining room
- In your kitchen
- In your bedroom
- In the baby nursery
- In a child’s room. If you are using any blind in a child’s room you should remember that the cords to blinds can be dangerous to young children. Motorized blinds are the best option in the rooms of small children because they do not have any cords.
- In your vacation home or in a formal home setting
The Pros of Zebra Blinds
- The blinds are easy to install and most homeowners do their own installation in just a few moments with tools no more complicated than a cordless screwdriver.
- They are easy to clean
- They are modern and attractive
- They offer privacy or light
- They can be motorized
- You choose the fabric that coordinates with your decorating style and color preferences
- You can have black-out of light-filtering with a simple adjustment so you get both with each blind
- They provide privacy
- They can last for many years
- They are cost effective window treatments
- They can add insulation to your home and reduce your heating and cooling cost dramatically
- They are fabric and lighter than many of the hard plastic window blinds were
- They do not collect dust as quickly as the older shades did
- On windows that are extremely narrow they do not fit as well
- If they get stained you may have to have them professionally cleaned
If it is time to update your window dressings then you need to give Zebra blinds some serious consideration. They are modern and look good enough to be the only window dressing you use. They are easy to clean and long lasting. The greatest thing is they need less cleaning and maintenance. Check out the options available for you. You will be glad that you did.