For years to come, writing with a fountain pen will offer you a pleasurable experience. The best part of having it is that it lasts longer than a normal pen if taken care of properly. Do you have the same pen that your grandparent used? If yes! Then it will definitely be a fountain pen. Now You must be thinking how a pen has lasted so long and still works amazingly well because your grandparents have taken care of it.
Caring for it is not a laborious process and will surely save lots of money that may be needed in nib replacement. So feel free to consider the tips mentioned below on how to let your pen stay longer with you:
Make sure you put the cap on your pen when it is not in use; otherwise, the nib of the pen will get dry out. This will eventually reduce the flow of the ink, and one day it will stop the flow completely. So make sure the link on the top of the nib never gets dry.
It is required to wash the nib occasionally after you use it. To clean it, follow the steps:
- You need to first remove the cartridge or converter.
- Now with the help of cool water, flush the nib and gripping section.
- A converter can be used to wash the nib by using the cool water up through the nib and letting the water out.
- Now through the nib assembly, slowly blow air to clear all liquid out of the nib.
- Then you need to dry the nib with a lint-less soft cloth.
- Repeat this a few times, and dry the nib and gripping section with the help of a paper towel or soft cloth.
- In case your ink pen gets blocked, then in a cup of cool water, place the nib and gripping section.
- Now remove the front end from the water, and with a slow stream of cool water, rinse it.
- Then softly blow into the nib assembly to eradicate any excess water.
- It is recommended that you dry the sections with a soft cloth or paper towel.
- Into the front end, you may now put a new ink cartridge or an ink converter.
Save it From Accidental Damages
Try not to knock or drop your pen against any hard surface. Make sure you put on the surface very delicately; otherwise, there are chances that the nib of the pen may break. It’s better to keep your pen in a fountain pen case to keep it more secure.
When you use a case for your pen, then whether you put it on a hard surface or any table for that matter, it won’t get affected.
It’s very easy and convenient to take care of your fountain pen. You just need to follow a few points and tips that can let you carefully clean it and keep it. Nothing feels great when you hold your ten years old fountain pen to write something special.